Why join NIGAT?
Annual Membership to NIGAT offers the chance to:
- Network with other like minded people and professionals.
- Create space and time to nurture your own art making, especially at the Day Meetings and Summer School.
- Learn more about the profession of Art Therapy and possibilities of Art as Therapy.
The beauty of NIGAT is that with such a diverse membership it provides an excellent opportunity to network with a varied group who share the same interest; using the creative art process to facilitate personal well-being.
Who can join NIGAT?
The membership profile is broad; welcoming both registered professionals; students and those simply interested in learning more about the role of creativity and art to promote health and well-being. The working contexts of NIGAT members include: Art Therapists; Art Psychotherapists; Counsellors; Teachers; Artists; Art students; Music Therapists; Drama Therapists; Social workers; Nurses; Health practitioners; Care workers in voluntary and statutory agencies.
Benefits of NIGAT Membership:
- Members can enhance their knowledge of Art Therapy and have the opportunity to develop their art making practice.
- Members receive a Newsletter twice a year and Annual Report providing information about Art Therapy / ArtPsychotherapy and NIGAT activities.
- Members receive emails of relevant news & developments relating to creative therapies.
- Members receive reduced Day Meeting attendance fees, plus invitations to special Members Events.
- Members can apply for a bursary place at the NIGAT Summer School
- Members have access to a small reference library of Art Therapy / Art Psychotherapy books and journals.
- Opportunity to participate in an annual art exhibition.
Annual Membership Fees are:
Full member : £30 Student / Unemployed : £20
Online Membership to the right or download a form here